1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Are you entitled to an interview when appealing a ban?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by A shady furret, Jul 9, 2017.

1. A shady furret

A shady furret Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47990669
    Hey, Setsu here.

I had prepared a massive scripted case for my appeal for an un-ban a few years ago, and was prepared for an interview upon the appeals admin picking up my case. Instead he just asked me a couple very baseline questions along the lines of "Have you repaid your victim?" and then proceeded to ban me.
    I felt that was unfair as I had not gotten to lay out my case, and for my appeal to be rejected over these security questions.

Are you entitled to an interview when appealing a ban?
    Is it possible to appeal for a re-appeal because you didn't get to have an interview the first time around?
    Could you write an appeal review for "Unfair handling of case" based on this?

Thanks.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

also
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
  3. A shady furret

Steam:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not requesting anything for my appeal here, sorry for dragging that in as an example.

I was only curious as to whether or not you're entitled to an interview.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I believe I answered that question?
  5. A shady furret

Steam:
    #3: "Please do not make General Forum threads to contest why your report/appeal wasn't accepted."
    #12: "The basic appeal procedure is: Step by step:" (In essence "How to Appeal for an un-ban 101")

Sorry to be of burden, but I can't see my question being answered in either of those posts...
  6. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Like Horse said:

#12 https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    So basically, it's up to the appeal admin on whether they interview you or not.
    schmed likes this.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Head of appeals replying here,
    1-1 interviews were standard back before we had forums, since then, we try to have users post/reply directly to their appeal threads for maximum transparency. Interviews are mainly for when we have to ask pointed questions for timely replies (sorry, will not elaborate) truth is, the overwhelming majority of appeals do not require such chats.

As others have already said, they are done based on admin discretion for the case at hand, and no, not getting one is not grounds for a re-appeal/appeal review.

-thanks!
    schmed and Roudydogg1 like this.
  8. A shady furret

Steam:
    That's a satisfying answer. Thanks!
    schmed likes this.