1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197964134741 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Boat, May 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boat

Boat New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:90450442
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197964134741

Victim profile: 76561198141166612

What happened? Description:
    Paypal Scam. I went first after an $800 Family and Friends offer on PayPal. Received no email, continued pestering, got nowhere. Chatlogs and trade screenshots provided below.

I was added by them. Only believed them due to their bp.tf reputation.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence provided in screenshots. More will be supplied if necessary.

Note I was also provided a Gyazo supposedly documenting a PayPal transaction, however I did not receive any email or any sort of notification on PayPal's end. Certainly this should have sent up red flags, however, this was my first PayPal transaction, I was busy preparing for finals, and I needed the money.

The 5-7 business days should have alerted me, as well as him selling on Marketplace for $400... (and he paid $800??), however I obviously couldn't retrieve my item at that point.

Hopefully this is enough evidence.​

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

[4/24/2019, 5:14 PM]
    jellyfish:
    No if this email is correct and used on your current account, there is no way that it went to someone else.
    Very unusual.... ill google around a bit, please refresh periodically, if it doesnt show up on your end soon ill call paypal support.

[4/24/2019, 5:15 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Cool
    I too am googling

[4/24/2019, 5:17 PM]
    jellyfish:
    I mean Im pretty sure the money isnt lost, and all will end up fine but im still a little nervous 800$ thats like close to a weeks salary.

[4/24/2019, 5:17 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Yeah
    Likewise

[4/24/2019, 5:39 PM]
    jellyfish:
    did you find anything yet? Would it be ok for you if I go afk for a bit? my gf is already screaming waiting for me. I checked and Paypal phone support, they work from 10 AM to 8 PM. its 11 PM here rn.

god of the pit:
    No problem
    Hopefully it comes through

jellyfish:
    If it doesnt go trough or atleast appear on your end, ill call paypal support right tomorow morning.
    Yeah hopefully
    Thank you!

[4/24/2019, 5:42 PM]
    god of the pit:
    I will try to call

Thursday, April 25, 2019

[4/25/2019, 11:55 AM]
    god of the pit:
    Still nothing

[4/25/2019, 12:08 PM]
    jellyfish:
    Sorry, had a lot to do at work today, ill call them now and ask.

[4/25/2019, 12:09 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Cool cool

[4/25/2019, 12:59 PM]
    jellyfish:
    Hey, so I just had a lenghty talk with Paypal support and they couldn't tell me an exact reason why it went Pending & didnt go trough imediately as it should, but they said that it has most likely been flagged by PayPals automated security system and that it may take 5-7 business days to go trough. They could not tell me why it doesn't appear on your end as you've said before - they confirmed that it should actually appear on both sides. But yeah the money has been taken from my balance so Im sure it will go trough.
    Ive also asked them to approve the payment manually or smth like that, but they couldnt do that either unfortunately, said Id just have to wait
    And to call them again if it didnt go trough/complete within 5-7 business days

[4/25/2019, 1:07 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Can't say I didn't expect but still pretty scummy that they can't display it my end
    More or less what I figured
    Will in any case now we wait

[4/25/2019, 1:10 PM]
    jellyfish:
    Yeah. They couldnt even explain why that is.... Talked to 3 different support employees and none of them seemed pretty incopetent + had no clue and would only give very vague general excuses not solving anything.

[4/25/2019, 1:44 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Typical
    When I called their automated service couldn't detect my account off my phone number despite getting a two - factor authentication text 5 minutes ago

Friday, April 26, 2019

[4/26/2019, 7:37 PM]
    jellyfish:
    Yo, any update from Paypal yet? Could you check now?

[4/26/2019, 8:02 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Nothing :/

[4/26/2019, 8:07 PM]
    jellyfish:
    f✿✿✿✿✿✿ hell... they are really taking their time it seems. Don't understand what exactly is taking them so long on a simple payment. You sure there isnt any like limitations or restrictions on your account?
    Oh and btw, did you tell pingus that I did not pay you? :V Like Ive literally shown you the payment, Ive called PayPal support for you & talked to them for over 30 minutes. I dont know what else I can do.

[4/26/2019, 8:23 PM]
    god of the pit:
    I told him you sent a gyazo of payment and that the issue was likely on paypals end
    And as far as I can tell there's no returns restrictions on my account. I've already verified my email and used the account for a purchase
    For some reason the email I got from their support mentioned not being able to see what payment I was sent despite sending them the gyazo you sent me
    Likely they have no communication with the EU branch you talked to

Monday, May 6, 2019

[Monday 10:06 AM]
    god of the pit:
    Just a heads up, I have not yet received my money.

[Monday 10:15 PM]
    god of the pit:
    If I still haven't received it by tomorrow I'll need to request my hat back
    I've been lenient enough

[Monday 10:17 PM]
    jellyfish:
    Im having a problem my brother is not answering me, as soon as he does ill send your money and 5$ extra for the delay
    just i cant login without his phone
    in our shared acc
    where all my money is

[Monday 10:18 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Hopefully soon

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

[Yesterday, 1:12 PM]
    god of the pit:
    When can I expect?

[Yesterday, 11:25 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Ok man I'm gonna need the hat back.
    I think I've been more than trusting enough giving the circumstances, but at this point it's too much.
    I'd ask that you unlist it from marketplace and send me a trade offer at the soonest possible chance.
    I don't want to leave any reputation or make any reports as of yet because I do understand that there were likely problems on paypals end but this is too much for me.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

[9:14 AM]
    jellyfish:
    Hey, sorry for the slow reply, lot of s✿✿✿ going on rn for me. Can we sort this out later today when Im back from work? Cuz I dont even have my authenticator rn, its on my pc on WinAuth and neither do I have access to my Paypal rn.

[11:17 AM]
    god of the pit:
    Please unlist the hat

[12:33 PM]
    jellyfish:
    Just give me some time ill be home soon and able to then

[2:28 PM]
    god of the pit:
    ?

[5:14 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Ok man
    I'm starting to think you are on some s✿✿✿.
    If you can't guarantee your money to get to me in the next 3 hours I need the hat back.

[9:50 PM]
    god of the pit:
    Alright man if I don't get a response soon I'm gonna start filing reports.
    Oh
    I see you sold it
    Mmmmmmmmm

[10:29 PM]
    god of the pit:
    sad that you are a scammer

(REMAINDER CUT OFF DUE TO DATE)

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade.. full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

Yes you gave them - I want them again please I also need your trade inventory history thru steam client where it shows this trade in the middle please again..full screen.
    I need all 3 images pretty much identical full screenshots.
  3. Boat

Boat New User

Steam:
    Could you please clarify what you need reuploaded?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade.. full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

I also want a full screenshot of your trade inventory history thru steam client also showing the trade in question.
  5. Boat

Boat New User

Steam:
    Understood. Here they are.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2019
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.