1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197973557698 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Kaspersky, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaspersky

Kaspersky New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52616073
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197973557698

Victim profile: 76561198065497875

What happened? Description:
    Added him from his CSGOLounge post as I wanted to sell 30 keys on paypal. He accepted and we agreed to a price. I was a first time paypal user so I didn't know much and was stupid enough to believe this guy due to his high steam level. After him apparently sending me my payment and me giving him the 30 keys, he persuaded me to sell him another 44 keys for a increased price to which after a while I agreed. I was very confident in this guy being legit due to his high steam level and having an account from 12 years ago; surely he's had better opportunity than my 74 keys so how come no-one has reported him? He sent me a fake paypal screenshot and convinced me the money would be on my account within 24 hours. after I went offline he blocked me. Please make sure he is reported because someone has tried to scam me like this before and I managed to detect that his rep was fake, but you cannot fake an account from 12 years ago and that swayed me over to trust him. Please bear in mind this guy seemed super legit so I really took the screenshots only as procedure and very hastily as I didn't expect to be scammed whatsoever. The initial screenshots are from Steam Mobile as I started talking to him on phone. Towards the end I took some rushed ones with gyazo before coming offline. Today, after realising I have been scammed, I took proper screenshots of my trade history, user identity and his fake screenshot that he sent me.​

Provide Evidence:
    https://csgolounge.com/profile?id=76561197973557698- his CSGOLounge Profile
    http://prnt.sc/en9o5x- his fake Paypal screnshot, also uploaded and attached here

I apologize that the PC chat screenshots are cropped but again, I didn't expect to be scammed and therefore just hastily took them. After being blocked I obviously cannot take better ones. The Other screenshots are properly taken.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Do NOT crop your screenshots.
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for let’s say the last several days full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. Kaspersky

Kaspersky New User

Steam:
    Sorry, my bad. Uploaded 2 screenshots here

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You stated you did one transaction with the user and was scammed on the 2nd transaction right?
  5. Kaspersky

Kaspersky New User

Steam:
    I didn't receive money for either transaction; The first was 30 keys(The first trade in the history) which was allegedly for 54 pounds, the second was 44 keys for 88. They had about an hour in between them, but I didn't receive payment for either. I still believed the guy was legit at the time, which is why I still agreed to the second transaction.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your cropped screenshots are impossible to gain any kinda ground on what is happening.
    I find it completely odd that you did TWO trades for paypal in over an hour - and without getting paid for the first batch traded with the user again.
    Why didn't show in any screenshot where the user sent you a link of any paypal screenshot or where it was suggested the funds would show up in 24hours.
    You don't have enough for me to move on with the report - what else do you have and by that I mean screenshots not trying to explain more.
    You've explained enough now I need photo proof.
  7. Kaspersky

Kaspersky New User

Steam:
    One of the screenshots did contain him sending me the apparent paypal screenshot(sent again here), about halfway through this picture. If that isn't enough, I am afraid I do not have any other screenshots these are all I took and I can only blame myself. Close the thread and hopefully the next person that gets scammed by this guy does a better job of not falling for it than I did.

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Paste me that link he sent?
  9. Kaspersky

Kaspersky New User

Steam:
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.