1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198036550413 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by CanCel, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanCel

CanCel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38488068
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198036550413

Victim profile: 76561198037241865

What happened? Description:
    so im selling an unusual hat, this guy adds me and he ask me the price (34 keys) and he says he will think about it. later he said he will buy it and that he is taking the keys from his storage account or whatever. but then he tell me to trade the hat to a trusted friend so that he can see its not a bugged item that changes when you trade it. (at this point me and my friend just decided to see how far we can go, we knew he was scamming). so i give the unusual to my friend and then he adds my friend to a private chat with an impersonator of me. of course my friend added the real me so i could see what was going on. and then my friend said: "WELL ISNT THIS FUNNY" and then they knew they messed up so they left the chats and unfriended us. so yeah, i took screenshots of all the chats as much i could (note these were after they left).​

Provide Evidence:
    I have screenshots of the chats, and i have screenshots of when they were exposed and left the group chat.​

Attached Files:

2. MagicShoes

MagicShoes Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38142342
    Sorry mate, but it looks like you've been duped by an impersonator. If you still have that chat window open, you can confirm this by clicking his profile - it won't redirect to mine.

For future reports, be sure to get a screenshot that includes the user's ID64 (obtained by directly clicking their portrait - don't trust their links!). Otherwise, you're attempting a report based on a pic and name alone, both of which are easily replicable.

For an example of pics that make the ID64 info available, check my report here: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.77369/#post-213282

By layering steam tabs, I made it much easier to prove my friend Macropower was being impersonated. Coincidentally, it looks like the impersonator was using the exact same method that was tried on you.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention with a post on my profile - I wasn't aware steamrep didn't warn me of these things. If you still have the chat window open, let me know and I can answer any questions regarding improved report pics for the real perpetrator; unfortunately, if you've closed it already, I'm not sure how much help I can be.
  3. CanCel

CanCel New User

Steam:
    Thank for bringing this to my attention, i will close the report and no sorry i dont have the chat windows anymore
  4. MagicShoes

Steam:
  5. CanCel

CanCel New User

Steam:
    THIS REPORT IS NO LONGER VALID AS THE SUSPECT WAS IMPERSONATED
  6. AspartaM X

AspartaM X Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35955607
    he did the same think , to me aswell and still didnt get a trade ban , thats sad .
  7. CanCel

CanCel New User

Steam:
    can a mod or a admin close this? its been resolved, he was impersonated
  8. MagicShoes

Steam:
    So, uhh. I understand that Steamrep can get a little swamped on reports, but this has been an unconfirmed report on my account for over a year now. Hell, it's been a year since both I and the reportee figured out it was an impersonator. Any way I might get this closed up?
  9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @MagicShoes So your saying it was an impersonator that did this and that you were never in contact with the victim here?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. CanCel

CanCel New User

Steam:
    No the real MagicShoes was never in contact with me until I made this report, He put the impersonators steam as a reply to this thread. The real MagicShoes being the one you replied to.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I didn't ask you this question @CanCel
  12. MagicShoes

Steam:
    Sorry for the delay in answering this. I got a little disillusioned with tf2 trading after taking some trust hits both here and on backpack.tf, and have only come back now thanks to a certain bug affecting 1000 crates I had.

As for my answer: Yes - to my knowledge, I never had contact with CanCel before I was impersonated. Maybe to trade, but I did that with a lot of people back then.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Maybe to trade doesn't help here, were you or were you not in contact with the Op the same day as the chat logs show or before? Yes or no and if yes in what way.. if no then say no.
  14. MagicShoes

Steam:
    Same day? No, not beforehand. Think I might've added him after to discuss the report, but I genuinely can't remember if that was this guy or someone on backpack.tf.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I'm content with that - and I do have evidence showing the other user you said impersonated you using your name at the time.
    So with that I'll archive report and conclude that was the case.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.