1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198090179918 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by wither316, Feb 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wither316

wither316 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:115072717
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198090179918

Victim profile: 76561198190411163

What happened? Description:
    Gavasha agreed to buy my AWP fade for 1500 euros. I was a bit naiive this being my first ever trade on a big item and was convinced that he was legit. After I traded him the item he supposedly set up a transferwise.com transfer and sent me screenshots of the transfer set up. I was supposed to receive the money 48 hours after the trade. 5 days after the trade I had not received any money and Gavasha (real name David) had been scarcely talking to me. After consulting with some other people I realised my foolishness and knew that he was a scammer.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence is in the attached files. The majority of the conversation happened in Discord, which I know you don't like. If you want any further evidence please contact me. Check his Facebook as well: it is full of people calling him a scammer.​

Attached Files:

• 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      23.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      61.9 KB
      Views:
    • 7.PNG
      7.PNG
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      56.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      56.3 KB
      Views:
    • 8.PNG
      8.PNG
      File size:
      64.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.PNG
      6.PNG
      File size:
      74 KB
      Views:
    • Steam3.PNG
      Steam3.PNG
      File size:
      107 KB
      Views:
    • Steam1.PNG
      Steam1.PNG
      File size:
      160.6 KB
      Views:
    • Steam2.PNG
      Steam2.PNG
      File size:
      309.1 KB
      Views:
  2. wither316

wither316 New User

Steam:
    Hey there, the man who I gave the AWP fade to has contacted me begging for my report to be removed. He said he will give me the AWP fade back as long as I remove this report. Only problem is the AWP fade is trade locked for the next 44 hours. Could the admins thus please postpone any judgement on this man until I reply to this thread (I will within 3 days) about whether he has given me the AWP fade back.
    Also, he has made his account private lol.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry we do not review any evidence thru discord which you clearly went to for discussing the agreement.
    This was noted BEFORE you went to submit the report - make sure you read our policies before submitting. Here are the links below again.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided/showing suggests this user was or is guilty of any wrong doing per policy

Declined.
  4. wither316

wither316 New User

Steam:
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198090179918

Victim profile: 76561198190411163

What happened? Description:
    The accused contacted me after I made a reddit post saying that I was selling an AWP fade that I unboxed. This item is worth approximately $1800 AUD. He quickly pulled me into a discord call and convinced me that he was a legitimate buyer. I traded him the AWP fade, with him promising to transfer me 1500 euros. He told me that the money would take 2 days to get to me. After 5 days I had not received it. The accused kept making excuses for why the money had not arrived, by saying things like "there is a problem with your bank", or "it's just been delayed a few days". After a week I was convinced that he was a scammer, and confronted him about it. He admitted to me in a discord call that he was a scammer, and told me that I was an idiot for trading with him.

I submitted a report against the accused earlier which got rejected. I said in that report that the accused had said that he would give the AWP fade back to me when it became tradable, but he was lying. The AWP fade is no longer in his inventory, as well as a Karambit Gamma Doppler which I assume he scammed from someone else. He has now blocked me on Steam and Discord.

My previous report was rejected because most of the talking was done on Discord, and for whatever batshit reason you don't accept Discord logs. This guy scammed me. He lied to me continuously for a week, and has stolen property from me, as well as many others.

I have talked to several people since the incident all of whom have confirmed that the accused is a well known scammer who has been thieving from people for years (his Facebook profile says he started "working" for Steam in 2015).

I know you have this ludicrously stupid policy regarding Discord logs, and I see no reason why you should still have it. The accused was obviously aware of this policy, because he refused to talk in Steam chat and pulled me over to Discord. The Discord logs I have attached are all dated, and the dates obviously match with the dates of the trade, as well as when the AWP fade became tradeable.

Please get this man banned. If you admins refuse on the grounds that I have attached Discord logs, you are directly aiding this man and other evil, twisted men in scamming other ignorant and inexperienced traders like myself, and you admins have failed to do your very simple job. Please grow up, and get this man banned, to protect others.​

Provide Evidence:
    Don't be a ✿✿✿✿✿✿ and say you can't accept Discord logs. You know better.​

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Merging with previous report - Stop breaking our policies - it was CLEARLY noted we do NOT review discord chat logs!
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/

It is written right there!! There is no us refusing anything - we are following what is written for EVERYONE!
    Please do not come here either and be abusive towards staff.

Report them to Valve if you like but due to what is stated here this user was not found guilty of any wrong doing with what was provided per policy.
    Declined for the final time.

Merged
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.