1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198113494076 - ([Other] Other game items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by {K.I.M} Orange, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. {K.I.M} Orange

{K.I.M} Orange New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:141855125
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Other] Other game items

Accused profile: 76561198113494076

Victim profile: 76561198243975978

What happened? Description:
    First off I outright COULD NOT upload images to the in built image uploader. Here's link: https://imgur.com/a/G3BITAb (IF PICTURES ARE NEEDED I WILL SEND THEM AT ANY COST) (Fittingly because today is/was my birthday) This person added me out of nowhere, messaged me and told me at first he would gift me $100 in raw cash to my steam account. The very next message he $150 but that doesn't matter. He proceeded to give me his Discord tag (this is where this enters a grey area, as I don't know if steamrep accepts outside of Steam chat screenshots. I added him and he got in a voice chat with complete silence with me. He asked me for my steam account name, I gave him my second account name as at this point I knew it was a a scam and then showed me a paypal site (only hastly taken photo included) and appeared to be about to give me money on my steam. (earlier he asked me is I was using Steam Auth., I said no) so he asked me to pull up my email (second Gmail acc.) and told me to view a Steam message. (What I persume he was doing is going through the account recovery process and just needed the code) I showed him the code and he logged in, I hastly changed the password to a newly generated password and locked him out. My Discord friends told me he had come to them a few days earlier and tried to scam them too (failing again lol).

TL,DR: Fake paypal money promise, changed account password, no damage​

Provide Evidence:
    All the evidence is purely screenshots that have been put into context in the Description. Only one picture is cropped and was take to show my friends in Discord and was hastily taken.​

Attached Files:

2. {K.I.M} Orange

{K.I.M} Orange New User

Steam:
    It turns out the images just weren't showing up. All pictures are in the Report.zip files
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Nobody here will extract zip files - upload one by one - 15 per reply.
    Do keep in mind nothing thru discord is acceptable.
    So if the remainder are of discord just say so.
  4. {K.I.M} Orange

{K.I.M} Orange New User

Steam:
    The rest was all on Discord.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry can't review that - nothing thru discord is acceptable.
    We only review steam chat screenshots and there is no formal agreement noted there...plus as stated you took the agreement off to discord which at that point we have no idea who you were talking to exactly nor would we be able to confirm that. Never discuss steam trading outside of steam chat.
    Nothing provided here suggests this user is guilty of any wrong doing.
    Please do not submit reports without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.