1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198174177789 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by AughMint, Jun 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AughMint

AughMint New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54673748
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198174177789

Victim profile: 76561198069613225

What happened? Description:
    This guy went into a server on tf2 claiming he was quitting and was giving away his items. He has some items of value so I added him to talk him out of quitting/ get something to hold on if he comes back.

He then asks if he could add on discord to talk since he doesn't like to type. (possibly to keep a lack of evidence) So I add him and ask what's up and why he doesn't wanna play anymore.

He gives a story of how he signed himself up to a boarding school and has lost interest in trading so is going to be giving all his items away at the end of summer. He says though he wants to get his backpack up to ~1000$ in tf2 items and has steam cards he can pay with.

I tell him I'm not interested in getting any cash from him and for him to just buy games with the cards. He claims a lack of interest in steam as a platform and that he has a steam market ban so they are "useless to me".

I know it's obviously a scam from a 14-16 year old boy that is trying to make a quick deal taking my items so I again offer that I would take his items if he was quitting and to hold on if he ever wants to play again. He declines for the time being and again pushes me to try to accept steam codes for my items. I then tell him that it would be better if he donates the money to charities like Tip of the Hats or Yogscast Jingle Jam.

After he decided he isn't getting anywhere with his scam he says he has to go, I wish him the best and he then unfriends me on everything.

So obviously it's a card scam to try to cheat people out of their items in cs:go and tf2.​

Provide Evidence:
    see images​

[11:42 AM]
    Headass tradeit.gg:
    HEY
    hey*

[11:43 AM]
    Kacey:
    hey dude
    if you are seriously quitting could i get the buy a life taunt, and keep me added bc if you ever come back ill give it back to you

[11:43 AM]
    Headass tradeit.gg:
    yeah
    can you talk
    on discord

[11:44 AM]
    Kacey:
    all in all tho id recommend against quitting

Headass tradeit.gg:
    i like to talk to people im a very bad typer