1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Improper Format Report: 765611982400802240 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ItsJackLads, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsJackLads

ItsJackLads New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:68565682
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 765611982400802240

Victim profile: 76561198097397092

What happened? Description:
    Added me shortly after leaving a comment on a traders profile. mimicing the user i was attempting to trade with's username and details to get me to trust them. They asked for a def index which of course i questioned since you don't need anything like that for trading tf2 items.

i proceeded along the trade to see what would happen and acted clueless about the scam attempt to get more info and they tried to get me to use a website called skinschart.com which from a quick google search you can find is used to scam items from people. After getting the link and a bit of general chat I checked their profile just to see if I was talking with the actual trader i wanted to be talking to and it turns out that it was a random account made in 2020 just using the same name as who i wanted to do a trade with. I showed him a screenshot of their steam rep being bad due to being reported a tone and the blocked me.​

Provide Evidence:
    https://imgur.com/a/u8B5QIh here is the images​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.