1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198243498260 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheGMan, Jun 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGMan

TheGMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46116390
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198243498260

Victim profile: 76561198052498508

What happened? Description:
    I am trying to look for a Dota 2 Submerged Hazard cache for Tinker which can only be obtained via gifting. Due to this special requirement in obtaining this skin I decided to look for listings in Dotagiftx and I was able to find one which was listed by KJ-. I reached out to him, agreed on a price which was $45, added him as a friend in Steam and waited for 30 days since gifts can only be gifted after 30 days. Come May 28, he reached out to me again and asked if I am still interested in buying the Tinker Skin. I said yes, then he provided his paypal details, I went in first, I trusted him because of how old the account is. Right after sending the payment, he made excuses on why the cache will be delayed, I followed up but kept making excuses. When I told him that I will be reporting him if he doesn't deliver the goods he eventually made his steam profile private or blocked me as I dont seen anything from his profile anymore.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. TheGMan

TheGMan New User

Steam:
    First time filing a report so the screenshots got duplicated when I uploaded it, apologies
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. TheGMan

TheGMan New User

Steam:
    Hi, apparently when I checked my friend activity, me adding the accused acct is not showing up anymore. However I added another screenshot, It's the "Offer a trade" window, It shows that we've been friends since April 29 and the steam url at the bottom of the browser when I hover at the accused acct's profile. I hope this will suffice.

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If you are still friends then unprivate your friends list so I can verify
  6. TheGMan

TheGMan New User

Steam:
    Sure thing, it's public now
  7. TheGMan

TheGMan New User

Steam:
    Hi just want to inform you that the accused profile has already changed name and profile image and has apparently removed me from his friend's list.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  9. TheGMan

TheGMan New User

Steam:
    Hi, please see screenshot of paypal activity as requested. As for the screenshot of the trade inventory showing the user's name, apparently I can't produce this screenshot because as mentioned on my previous note, no trade via steam happened since gifting of skin cache is done via dota 2 client which the accused acct did not perform as well (I cannot produce screenshot of that if ever it is also needed since there was no attempt of gifting from accused acct).
    To recap, I added accused acct in steam, waited 30 days, made payment via paypal, then once the scammer received the payment he immediately made excuses, went offline and eventually unfriended me. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I need to see that you didn't receive the items in trade history/gift history so produce those screenshots as many as needed to show from the date this started till today.
  11. TheGMan

TheGMan New User

Steam:
    Hi Please see below. Gift History and Trade history from March 29 up to date.

Attached Files:

12. TheGMan

TheGMan New User

Steam:
    sorry gift history screenshot below

Attached Files:

13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.