1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198261771051 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by GekkoMan, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GekkoMan

GekkoMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78462825
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198261771051

Victim profile: 76561198117191378

What happened? Description:
    This user messaged me offering to purchase two unusual items from me, and wanted to do it using a website called OPSkins to see if they could be sold on it afterwards. After making my account on this website, the user proceeded to use an alternate account impersonating the bots used by the website to scam me out of three of my unusual items but also half of my entire inventory. After I confronted the user about this he dodged the question blaming a poor internet connection and then unfriended my account before blocking all communication with me. I know i won't be able to get my items back, but I've been playing this game for a while and some of the things he took were special to me. I don't want him to do this to anyone else, that is why I am reporting him before he can.

I realize now that I cannot post the entire chat because it exceeds your 15 upload limit.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @GekkoMan
    This user is highly impersonated - are you sure you reported the right user? You failed to provide a full screenshot of the user profile so I can't tell who you were talking to or what here.
    Follow next set of instructions.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @GekkoMan Follow up in next 24hours - as its pretty evident you reported the wrong user.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Marking invalid due to no follow up AND reporting the wrong user
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.