1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198379805659 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by very bad™, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. very bad™

very bad™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:151104935
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198379805659

Victim profile: 76561198262475598

What happened? Description:
    Tried to impersonate the real ARANTES at this URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/arantes_pt
    Wanted to get TF2 Keys out of me, likely due to the fact that they have no trade hold. I did, in fact, trade for the keys, but did not trade them to him. See entire chat log attached.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 722543 View attachment 722544 View attachment 722545 View attachment 722546
    I continued the chat on my phone. I am unable to provide screenshots of the phone chats, but here is what happened, briefly. He tells me to convert my CS inventory into TF2 Keys, to which I complied, acquiring 10 keys in the process. After this, he attempts to take them from me using fake bots, inbetween which there was one real bot. Here are pictures of the trades. View attachment 722547
    In this trade I acquire 10 keys.
    View attachment 722548
    In these two trades the scammer uses the same bot twice to attempt to get my keys.
    View attachment 722549
    This is a real bot from CS.DEALS. I declined the offer because I didn't want to actually give the keys to the website. He claimed we needed to do this to "duplicate balance" by adding balance to the website this way.​

Attached Files:

2. very bad™

very bad™ New User

Steam:
    Sorry, hit submit too early. Next, he sent his fake offer immediately after. As to why there was a crate there, it was to see if he was paying attention. After I declined this, the chat continues. He realizes he can't fool me with fake bots and offers to trade directly.

and that concludes our charade. Sorry about not being able to upload the chats from my phone. I took other screenshots in the process onto imgur so he could see my screen, msg if you need those.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2019
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @very bad™ Ok I see offers from a totally different account... do you have 100% proof this user is in control of that other account because honestly here I don't see how you can prove this.
    As for impersonation with intent to defraud..you need to prove that otherwise. You didn't take a full screenshot of the users profile - if you did and you do so showing the URL or link going to the other users account you would have something there.
    Do that now if you can. Use this link for help and example
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. very bad™

very bad™ New User

Steam:
    His profile. If you click his inventory link it leads to this:

and here's the target profile.

His inventory is private, and his explanation is this:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2019
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You need to show me proof - just telling me to click on something isn't showing me or anyone else reading this report.
    Also we require FULL screenshots , not cropped little boxes. - Try again and show me.
    No gifs...no videos.. screenshots only and full ones
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @very bad™ You saw my response as you logged in a few hours later, please follow up with something showing what you are describing.
  7. very bad™

very bad™ New User

Steam:
    Sorry, here you go: The cursor is over the url, but isn't shown
    The profile of the inventory linked is this:
    Again, sorry for the confusion.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2019
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.