1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198893777678 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by KevinP, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinP

KevinP Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35186310
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Gambling] Fake gambling website
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198893777678

Victim profile: 76561198030638348

What happened? Description:
    The scammer claims that his most valuable skins are located on the trading site Bitskins.com and therefore sends a look-a-like website of this marketplace. If studied closer, you'll notice that the link is bitskins.link and not bitskins.com. Furthermore when attempting to logging, your browser doesn't automatically suggest to login with your steamprofile, but wants you to type in your username and password. If you look up the floats of the items listed on the fake site, you'll also notice that those skins doesn't excist in neither the officials sites bots' inventories, nor on the csgofloat database. If you search for these items on the official site, they do not show up either. This is obviously an API-scam attempt.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence 1 - Shows the scammers steamprofile along with the chat.

Evidence 2 - Displays the fake profile. Make notice of the address being bitskins.link instead of bitskins.com. I specificly studied the Karambit Sapphire in the top right cornor of the listed items. It has a float of 0.00049168.

Evidence 3 - I check to see if the same item was listed on the real website bitskins.com and specificly searched for a Karambit Sapphire with a float range of 0.0001-0.0005. Here the knife should show up, however, it didn't. Matter of fact there was only one karambit sapphire for sale on the real website, being must more expensive, a different variant with stattrack and a different float.

Evidence 4- At last I went to check the csgofloat.com website, to see if this Karambit Sapphire even excist? Here I sorted by float and it didn't show up. Only one knife had a float close to the one displayed on the fake site, but was definitely not in the inventory of the bitskins bots.

Evidence 5 - Shows a pop-up window requesting for my steam username and profile. This is very unusual for bitskins to do, and especially when I am already logged in on their site as seen in [evidence 3].​

[10.22]
    Papito:
    Hey i wanted to discuss a trade with you ^^ which item do you want from my Bitskins shop and what can you offer for it? https://bitskin.link/inventory?alias=3DG1Y78GFCs&app_id=730 (We are going to trade on steam 1:1)

[10.25]
    Squando:
    No thanks, don't want to wait 7 days for a trade :)

[10.25]
    Papito:
    you're not going to wait , just tell me which skin you are interested in so we can discuss it

[10.26]
    Squando:
    Just a bunch of knives worth around 5000-5500 EUR.

[10.27]
    Papito:
    Well just copy and paste the full names of the items

[10.31]
    Squando:
    A Karambit Sapphire will be fine.

[10.31]
    Papito:
    Sry but I don't have one :/ maybe you saw it on the home page of the site , just sign in and you should be able to see my shop

[10.32]
    Squando:
    Well I did sign in and figured it was in your inventory.
    I don't understand?

[10.32]
    Papito:
    oh

[10.32]
    Squando:
    Oh, It logged me out when i refreshed website?
    I have to sign in again?
    Hallo_
    ?*

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You were given a link that clearly tells you we do NOT review anything to do with hacking/phishing attempts here.
    This was shown before you clicked the submit button for the report.
    Please make sure you read/understand our policies before submitting another report in the future!
    Here is a link to the current policy regarding phishing links that was shown twice when you went to submit.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    INVALID

Report them to Valve instead

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.