1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199407481560 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sechiccino, Jan 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sechiccino

Sechiccino New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60559518
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199407481560

Victim profile: 76561198081384765

What happened? Description:
    Items were in fact taken - I fell for the scam and for that I know I take full responsibility, I know I cannot get the items back.

Items involved include a Tainted Frost Brass Bucket and Dazzling Constellation Soft Hard Hat both unboxed by myself. Other items were also included in this, such as keys and taunts.

Please don't dismiss this right off the bat - this began with Discord (Which I know in and of itself is not accepted however there is clear evidence I can provide for the specific account linked being a fraudster.)

Ultimately I fell for the classic "Check your items on this website" scam, this time related to the Bitskins website. The individual at the time on Discord was impersonating a trader known as Nervous Pyro though I didn't even know who that was at the time. In terms of the Steam account itself though, it impersonated a Bitskins trade bot and the individual was able to effectively intercept the website trade itself through some API stuff I was not aware of. Once the items were obtained, the individual changed their display name from impersonating the BS bot to BLUNT.TT and was quick to quicksell the items to a third-party. I fell for this as I was guided over voice chat by an individual who was at the very least linked to the scam if not the sole scammer on "checking item authenticity" while in a very tired and weak frame of mind. I was then promptly blocked by the "bot" on Steam, too.

As for the "quicksell", it was traded to https://backpack.tf/u/76561199366442127.

A "third person" comes into the frame with an impersonation of "Mannco Modmail" after the scam, in which they pointed me towards the account that now had my items linked above, and claimed to be able to "get my items back but they then proceeded to send a trade offer attempting to take any other items of value I had on me at the time, a continuation of the scam on another account - https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199387747439. Here this account already has marks against them, and I can provided screenshots of them attempting to scam the items from me with the Steam chatlogs provided. At this point in the scam I already knew not to let any further items fall out of my grasp, and so I blocked and reported the account - though admittedly only after seeing what the account had to say and letting off steam in the form of perhaps a bit too excessive of language.

So, there are multiple Steam accounts involved within this - the end-recipient of "97" (Who has already changed their display name, originally being "8TH"), the Bitskins/BLUNT.TT account who has the most obvious mark against them and the Mannco Modmail account attempting to further scam me.
    I cannot provide screenshots of chatlogs for the accounts that are not Mannco Modmail as they simply aren't present, however the recipient of the items at the end is a very strange one - having a very inactive backpack and yet accepting the items from the initial scam account almost as soon as the scam was complete - as well as the very well timed conspicuous name changing, which is linked to the name changing of the BLUNT.TT account.

I know a made a big f✿✿✿in mistake, but at the very least I'd like to try to mitigate this happening to other people in the future, even if it isn't much. I know this is kind of a mess - it's my first time reporting, I was panicking for quite a while and wasn't really sure how to process the whole situation. Quite a bit of information provided is clearly messy and probably not as professional as a usual trade scam report would be, but I hope you can overlook that for this situation as a whole. Of course if there's any additional information needed or ways for me to acquire chatlogs outside of GetFriendMessagesLog as I closed out of them previously, please let me know.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry we do not review reports without proper evidence as in the raw steam chat screenshots as noted. We do not review get friend message logs.
    All of this was clearly noted on the links you saw before submitting report but must have over looked - please do not do so in the future.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided suggest/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.