1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Report: 76561198133896868 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Hashhhh, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hashhhh

Hashhhh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:75934741
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198133896868

Victim profile: 76561198112135211

What happened? Description:
    I was added by a user asking to trade skins on Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Before trading, he asked that I get my items checked to ensure they were tradeable and not duplicates. I assured him that they were tradeable by placing the items on OPSkins, then taking them off. And also supplied a link to the CSGO.exchange item database for my skins to ensure that they weren't duplicates. However, this did not satisfy him and he told me that he wanted me to get an item verification done. He asked if I knew any steam admins that could act as middlemen. I replied no, to which he responded he'll search for one. Whilst this was happening, I also decided to search SteamRep for reputable middlemen and Steam admins. I asked him to add the SteamRep middleman Shubbler. He refused and said that he had found a middleman. I was shortly after added by this individual as well. From there on out, a group conversation commenced informing me about the risks of not getting my items verified. Failure to get the items verified would result in a "ban" from steam. However, after a long conversation where the individual was trying to convince me that he was indeed a steamrep Steam developer (Which he wasn't) and that item verification does indeed exist and that I must do it, I told both individuals that item verification was a very common scam. After a few questions asking if I was accusing them, they left the group chat and removed me from their friends list.​

Provide Evidence:
    The first screenshot is the conclusion of the conversation after calling these individuals out for attempting to scam me. After calling out the person pretending to be a steam developer, he asked if I was accusing him, then proceeded to leave the group chat.

The second screenshot is an image of the middle of the conversations, due to the conversations being very long and drawn out, I was unable to screenshot the entire conversation, however, I screenshotted the main parts of the conversation that showed that it was a scam attempt, including the "item verification" part and asking for the items to be traded over to his account.

The third screenshot is an image of the scammers steam account.

The final screenshot is an image of my steam account/the victims steam account. View attachment 545144 View attachment 545145 View attachment 545146 View attachment 545147 View attachment 545144 View attachment 545145 View attachment 545146 View attachment 545147
    View attachment 545144 View attachment 545145 View attachment 545146 View attachment 545147

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Hashhhh Its clear this is not the user that contacted you first - you should always report that user then reference others involved and how they were involved not the other way around.
    Who is that other user?? SR profile block please!

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This report has been found to have no response for an extended period of time.

Either additional evidence or information was requested at which no reply was made and therefore the report will be marked Archived.
    You are welcome to submit a new report with what was requested here along with all other evidence provided and an explanation as to why you were unable to respond to the first report.

Please be sure to follow our Screenshot Guide/Requirements prior to remaking this report or any others in the future and to follow our Investigative Policy as noted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.