1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198115457214 - ([Other] Other game items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by danielyeohqf, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielyeohqf

danielyeohqf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:112291106
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [Other] Other game items

Accused profile: 76561198115457214

Victim profile: 76561198184847941

What happened? Description:
    This profile impersonates a 'steam admin'. I need to check your items yadda yadda.
    Accomplice: 76561198212852220

| steamname: Autumn Blaze
    | steam3ID: [U:1:252586492]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:126293246
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198212852220
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/prcsluna
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198212852220

I had this guy added on my friends list for awhile now. We met every now and then by chance in tf2 and so added each other. Keep in mind he hasn't talked to me in probably years.

He goes on to tell me he accidentally reported me for item scamming. He then links my the accused account and tells me that the accused is a 'steam admin' and asks me to contact him for verification. Everything is basically in the evidence I'm providing. That aside, here's a link of the (i admit pretty well done video editing) fake link he sent:
    https://steamusercontent-a.akamaihd...850/DEE6322B3DD80A7C82B52B453124DF4863915CC6/

I don't know whats funnier, the fact that the accused sent me this after i was super skeptical with the accomplice or the fact that the link's posted on akamaihd. Lel​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello @danielyeohqf

Need to confirm identity to the other user you said you were involved with first. Follow next set of instructions.
    Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide should you need assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. danielyeohqf

danielyeohqf New User

Steam:
    Umm both the accomplice and accused have already unfriended me. However, i managed to get to a friend's profile of the accomplice to get the screenshot of her(or his) activity.

Accomplice Activity.png
  4. Enstage

Steam:
    That's fine, you can still access this even after you are unfriended. Just go to your activity tab in a web browser, scroll down until you find the part where you and XELA (I dont need the other one) added each other (it will generally be right at the bottom of today's activity), hover your cursor over their avatar and take a screenshot like you did above.

Thanks.
  5. danielyeohqf

danielyeohqf New User

Steam:
    U
    Um i looked up my activity but it wasn't there. But it all happened about half an hour before i submitted this post. Capture.JPG
  6. Enstage

Steam:
    In the top right of the My Activity area, there is a "Friend Activity" link, you may need to click this. Apologies, but for me it's usually auto selected. May also be worth checking the settings link right next to it to see if the add a new friend option is selected.
  7. danielyeohqf

danielyeohqf New User

Steam:
    Um i still can't find it. My bad I really can't. Is it because he added and removed me in too short a time? The entire exchange took like 10 minutes
    Capture.JPG
  8. Enstage

Steam:
    OK, without the proof of friendship between you are the main accused, we likely won't be able to tag him for such. Additionally, he was already banned by us for another evidence anyway.

How do you know Autumn Blaze? Are they a friend? If they are, can you try contacting them outside of Steam in case they were hijacked?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Enstage

Steam:
    I'll mark this for review by an admin.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please remember this in the future @danielyeohqf
    Always report the user you were FIRST involved with - provide FULL screenshots of the users profile WHILE friends not afterwards to verify identity.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.