1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam friend thinks I'm impersonating him

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by {Fp} Komrade Pwny, May 1, 2018.

1. {Fp} Komrade Pwny

{Fp} Komrade Pwny New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20901720
    I changed my name and profile three or four days ago, grabbing this image off a google search for "edgy avatars". This guy who added me about a month back and has never spoke messaged me the day before yesterday, saying "nice avatar ;)", and I noticed he had the same one but flipped the other way.

I planned on changing it when I came back on, thinking he'd copied it. A profile history search on here proved me wrong. I found he pasted crops of my profile and his to his Artwork calling me out for "stealing" it and hinting that because we're the same Steam level that I'm up to something. After I saw this I changed my entire profile back to how it was before the change, told him I'd done that, then leveled up so he could quit thinking I was copying him. Rather than delete his stuff calling me out, he's not responded and left it up.

Does he have grounds to report me on here for anything? Or am I worrying needlessly? I quit trading years ago, but don't enjoy the thought my to this point clean record could get ruined by something this weird.
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I can't speak officially, but in my experience, generally, as long as you did not show an intent to commit fraud, you should be fine.

You can read the investigative policy which might help educate you on this topic:

• Scam reports and attempts to scam reports we DO investigate:
      1. Trades conducted through the Steam trading window that has Steam inventory history such as CS:GO, TF2, Dota2, H1Z1, etc.
      2. Trades involving the above with Paypal, BTC, Skrill or other money transaction systems.
      3. Impersonation with the clear intent to scam.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    [M&C] TheBluekr likes this.