1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Traders.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by You Are The One, Dec 26, 2012.

1. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I hate traders, the vast majority are f✿✿✿✿✿✿ ✿✿✿✿✿✿s.
    The community is too stupid to protect form scammers and the ones who aren't, they simply don't care.
  2. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    What.
  3. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Maybe you should try Farmville instead...
  4. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
  5. wic

wic New User

Steam:
  6. TemioMAN

TemioMAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45707254
    Maybe he was hacked by a drunk hijacker? (Just a thought)
  7. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34050552
    According to Canadian, that is Butane and one of his accounts. He has the marked scammers + caution people in his friends list for appeals. :)
  8. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Oh I don't know, I am pushed to evil thoughts with respect to certain cretinous traders at times too :)

The second point however is patently and demonstrably wrong on both counts.
  9. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42192766
    Hmmm it is one of his accounts, but kind of an odd message dontcha think? idk December fools?
  10. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Why? Hell I had a bottle of bourbon under my belt on the 25th, and I had to MM bloody smelly spycrabbers for a few hours straight :)

I am guessing if that is Butane, he has every right to a good old rant at this time of year.
  11. TemioMAN

TemioMAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45707254
    Tis the season
  12. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    I would think it would be a bit late for holiday season partying after Christmas. Unless there's some kind of Boxing Day celebration that doesn't involve going on a shopping spree.
    Also, his SteamRep page seems to have lost the pretty green tag.
  13. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    Getting a belly full of good piss, is right anytime of the year, and like I said, if that is indeed Butane, I can see where he is coming from: Every once in a while I get an urge to climb to some high place and scream to the Gods "WHY ON EARTH DO SOME MANY f✿✿✿✿✿✿ TRADERS HAVE NO ETHICS"

f✿✿✿ me, are parents so rubbish these days they don't instill basic values into their kids?

I just don't get it to be honest, I am wholly unable to scam, or deal in an untoward manner with anyone. It just isn't in my nature, perhaps for that reason, it pisses me off sometimes that I see so many "unusual traders" who sell their entire reputation in the process of making just one single stupid trade. One single deal, and their whole career is down the toilet.

I have spent 3000+ hours gaining the reputation I have, all the people who trust me, all the guys I know who have my back if I ever need help, and that means something to me.

Honestly sometimes I want to pull my hair out, each time I catch some trader, or some Admin doing something that shouldn't, I just want to scream.

So like I said before, if that is the real Butane, well I reckon he has every right to rant about so many of the "traders" in this bloody game are a bunch of ratbags. Fortunately there are enough people who are actually decent to keep my here and keep my faith in human nature intact :)

/end rant.
    wic likes this.
  14. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45978671
    Or try to be appeal admin and listen to all of that arguments and excuses of scammers and what they have done and so and so. You would be just disgusted. I believe Butane don't like the job he was/is doing anymore and maybe never liked, but now his emotions went out, welp. He is right at all...
  15. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    Regardless of who/why/when he posted this, I do not agree with your point of view...
    If that is indeed the case, it should be up to him to talk about it with the other admins, not up to you to post this in this thread... If he doesn't like to do this, why is he doing it then? No-one is forcing him.
    He might be in some cases, but isn't the whole point of the appeal section to give people who were wrongfully tagged to give them a chance to tell their side of the story?
  16. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45978671
    I apologize as I see the wrongs in my post.
    Didn't think of that...
  17. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

So, how did this turn from about the traders into the scammers?
  18. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    You are right, the first post was about all traders, right?
    So unless he was hijacked, this was a post from an OFFICIAL STEAMREP ADMIN, calling traders f✿✿✿✿✿✿ ✿✿✿✿✿✿s (srr, no need to cencure anything, we all got it).
    SteamRep admins are supposed to be neutral at every time (unless I'm mistaking, but i thought you ppl run this, so you are responsible of the reputation on "all" traders).

Calling "The community" to stupid/not caring as one of the most important admins seems... well, s✿✿✿!
    You are the ones giving us tags, It's up to YOU ADMINS to always keep a neutral view on every single one of us, and UP TO YOU ADMINS to tag/untagg us according to the evidence!
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Sure we do, doesn't prevent us from forming a opinion on other stuff then Scammers.... like traders etc.

Tbh, I agree with him. See: this and this and the huge amount of "guides" we and a lot of other communities have put out to "help" traders.

Well, once a community is bowing down to supply such for traders that need such "help", their community consists of those traders. And then such "helpful" writers are saying that their topics aren't read enough by the "needing".

Does that in any way make us biased? Don't think so. reports and appeals handling are still based on facts. If them traders would actually live by our guidelines, we wouldn't have 1400 reports to work thru, or having near 9000 scammers listed. Which if all reports were worked thru would end up in ~12000 marked scammers. If all listed Scammers where also checked for alts, I'd guess we'd find a total of 14000-15000 listed accounts.

And then ppl are still trading with accounts as young as 1 month, with 6 comments within hours on the first day of creation with "+rep", and aren't wondering how such a account got those items...

So excuse us for having a dim view of the common "trader". I normally handle things friendly etc, but that doesn't prevent me from /facepalming.
  20. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    First of all:
    Yes, that would be heaven, wouldn't it? The fact is, 99% of the new traders/gamers don't even know this site is here. This all looks nice in your/exp players eyes, but when I started trading, I never heard of the name SteamRep... Is up to SR (the community) to make them more famous, not up to new, unknowing players to just know about this site...

Second:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/staffapps/
    Maybe actually have anyone look at those? You have allot of ppl willing to help get all reports rdy in the correct format, but are to busy to even start investigating those? I guess if anyone would try to make a detailed statistic about the time researching someone and the time he/she saves you admins out, you might be surprised!

Third:
    To just call "most traders" stupid and unknowing, is rly unfair. New players/kids DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT SCAMMING! Those guys/girls didn't ask to get their hard worked items stolen, they just did. You guys should be abit more understanding for everyone who is fair/new/believes in ppl, instead of just marking everyone as stupid because they didn't know that new acount with 3 play hours is a scammer!