1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Possible Scammer

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by thecheeseking9, Aug 1, 2015.

1. thecheeseking9

thecheeseking9 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48687958
    I am not sure if this is the correct place but here goes. Me and a few other people were falsely accused of scamming by the group owner of a certain group after we called him out for insulting a teammate in game. He made an announcement that we are scammers in his group and told its members to post -reps on our profiles, which he has since deleted after I posted on the group with evidence of our innocence. We have taken the necessary steps to stop the harassment.

I then did some digging and found that he actually has a report against him in the past on Steamrep which was even though it was found suspicious, was not enough to incriminate him. However, his actions in abusing his power as the owner of a raffle group has made me to suspect that he is actually a scammer and has been scamming the members of his group through paid entry raffles.

The problem is however, he did not actually attempt to scam me so I cannot make a scam report against him. Is there anything that can be done to launch an investigation?
  2. thecheeseking9

thecheeseking9 New User

Steam:
    Am I allowed to post information such as his account profile, group, past report case against him and evidence of abuse of power?
  3. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Of course you can.
  4. thecheeseking9

thecheeseking9 New User

Steam:
    But as I said, he never actually attempted to scam me. Is it allowed if I make a report if I suspect him for being a scammer even though he has not actually attempted to scam me?
  5. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Its completely up to you, I'm not going to give you a definite answer since I'm not a member of staff.

I was saying "Of course you can." in relation to your question about whether to post that information here or not.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Crux is, most of those raffle steam groups are shady at best. Problem is often proving it, for administration of a raffle on such is certainly lacking, and the "evidence" for having a fair raffle is often lacking.