1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198089792733 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by [DBLord]wormquake1, Jul 5, 2014.

1. [DBLord]wormquake1

[DBLord]wormquake1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58806478
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198089792733 ()

Victim profile: 76561198089792733

What happened? Description:
    So basically this guy comes off to be very convincing but at the start when he asked me to give him a valued item for a supposed 'recorded gameplay' I knew it was time to have some fun for this little rat scrambling. He also impersonated from my perspective to be an assistant for a YouTuber by the name 'NISLT" which I barely watch. I also provided a screenshot of the rich items he has in his inventory which seems to me have came from previous scammed victims before me. Australiums and Unusuals.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence below.​

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello, can you prove he's not the "assistant of a youtuber"?
  3. [DBLord]wormquake1

Steam:
    He's not an assistant - Sorry. He was impersonating to be NISLT himself. If you look at the description of the actual YouTuber himself, it says exactly:
    "Hi my name is siN

I make Team Fortress 2 clips, new clip everyday :)

If you want submit your fun-clip, montage, or something just send PM :)"

Notice the "siN" part. The screenshots also provide extra evidence.
  4. [DBLord]wormquake1

Steam:
    The result of how much mail in general siN gets, I wouldn't think a famous YouTuber would just right off the bat add me. Don't you think the same? There is also another report targeting the same person/
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Can you link the real user then?
  6. [DBLord]wormquake1

Steam:
    The real NISLT has 135,000+ subscribers, and assuming that large of a number I'm pretty sure he has TONS of impersonators.
    For starters, I don't think he has his profile public. Second, if he doesn't have his profile public, I wouldn't think he would be comfortable sharing it with everyone.
    As I said, he probably gets all the e-mail clutter from friends and family and doesn't need fans flooding his fanbase.
    His YouTube channel is: https://www.youtube.com/user/NISLT
    Thanks for your reply.
  7. [DBLord]wormquake1

Steam:
    I also watched the other report another user made on this same person. This impersonator clearly scammed the user who reported him for a Bucaneer's Bicorne. We need to terminate this guy.
  8. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello, @[DBLord]wormquake1.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review and an SR admin will handle it ASAP.
  9. WTB Aust. Wrench

WTB Aust. Wrench New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55740152
    I want to know why this hasnt been dept with, this guy has scammed multiple people including me and there is plenty of evidence because of it. The bastard deserves a trade ban. So can an admin actually review this rather than saying ill review it asap. Thanks!
  10. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hi, I have the real siN on my friends list for future reference. I went from his YouTube to his group, the found the admin of the group and added him (siN).

This impersonator scammed many people on my server, as soon as I found out he was banned and reported. I contacted the real siN to inform him and his moderator posted an announcement on the group, link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NISLT#announcements/detail/202980037822193084

My name is mentioned at the bottom.