1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Beginners Guide to Trading/Selling

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by dmtdude, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This isn't the right section to post this, but it sounds like you may be dealing with an impersonator. My advice is if you are not comfortable doing something, don't do it. If you need any more help feel free to send me a steam add!:)
  2. Cherry 2

Cherry 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60911046
    you have been cheated
  3. MrSp3ctre

MrSp3ctre New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23508498
  4. Narce

Narce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45613054
    New to the trading scene for CS:GO, un-boxed my Marble Fade bayonet 2 weeks ago and decided to see if I could trade it for couple items on CSGOLounge.

My question is: Why would I need a middleman to trade with someone, if you're honest... why not add me with your main and send me an offer?
    Had someone attempt to get me to use SteamRep middleman, I had no idea who you guys were until yesterday evening and went on to look up reddit
    posts about how backlogged reports were.

Read a few of your guides on trading and about people refusing to use a middleman, I've seen the youtube videos of people being scammed with the middleman
    scam techniques, yes you can check if and who you are trading with is legitimate via databases.

TL;DR - Why use a middleman for an honest trade between two people for items only, no PayPal/Checks/etc involved. I understand that some people use "storage" accounts,
    why not add the person you're trading with on that account for the transaction. I understand how a middleman can be of use if you're trading money-for-item(s) or multiple keys.

Thanks in advance.
    -Narce
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You don't use a middleman if you're exclusively trading within the Steam economy. You only use one if you're cashing in or out for items, or need an intermediary for other issues where a trade requires trust or someone to go first.
    Narce likes this.
  6. Narce

Narce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45613054
    Thanks, as I assumed. Appreciate the quick response.

Cheers!
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I'd like to add onto that, if they're asking you to use a middleman for something that could be done entirely within the trade window, they're probably trying to scam you.
  8. Proxi's

Proxi's New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:140107723
    @ Haycia
    only go with the middle man, and by saying u gonna receive your money in 10 days sounds really tricky i would pass on this trade.
  9. Skinigxe_Alice

Skinigxe_Alice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179519773
    If there are listed trust MM which will help us to decide who we to use as MM to reduce risk.
  10. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    What...?