1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

can i get a scammer mark for trading with someone who was trade banned by valve?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Nuclear Kangaroo, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Nuclear Kangaroo

Nuclear Kangaroo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32368083
    i know this guy who was trade banned by valve, although he never really got a scammer mark, he made a new account and wants to trade with me, could i get a scammer mark if i trade with this person?
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    He's trade banned for a reason. Be careful.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Also the fact that he also has 9 banned/marked users on /HIS/ friends list doesn't help. :)
  4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
  5. Nuclear Kangaroo

Steam:
    well he made a new account, i had traded with him before he got traded banned and he seemed like an ok guy, ive also seen him trade with other people in his new account and it seems hes no troublemaker
  6. Nuclear Kangaroo

Steam:
    i was not aware the policy of marking people for trading with scammers had ended, well since im only looking to sell some keys and im the one with the items i sure as hell know they werent scammed, ill consider the guy for future exchanges
  7. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    What do mean? This sentence doesn't make any sense to me. What are you trading (PayPal for items, bitcoin for items?)
  8. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    And it didn't occur to you that his funds to pay you for your keys were scammed, eh... o_O
  9. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @Nuclear Kangaroo ,

Why is it so important for you to trade with this guy? It is obvious that the guy is doing something fishy, or you are "quickbuying/laundering" his stolen items and you are worried that you might get trade banned by Valve for doing this?
  10. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Reminder:
    You can still get marked for knowingly and systematically working with particular scammers.
    Gara likes this.