1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can someone pls tell me if this is a scam or not?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Peoples Republic of China, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Peoples Republic of China

Peoples Republic of China New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:118422009
    So yesterday I was trading, and I added this guy who offered me somewhat of an overpay for my knife. My knife is a huntsman urban masked ft, and I was offered 23k for it, he even sent a trade offer. Another person I was talking to said that I would get banned if I accepted it, and now I have been really skeptical about accepting...

The only reason I believed this guy was because the "scammer" was trying to get me to accept instantly, which made him seem really fishy...

Attached Files:

2. Peoples Republic of China

Steam:
    I have the steam messages, but I forgot to add to post above
    if it is still needed to help me, I will post on Imgur and share, but IDK rn
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    What some scammers do is buy keys or items with a stolen credit card, wait a week, then try to sell them as fast as possible. Usually happens in cash-for-item trades though.

Not sure what is happening here, but if you have the ID64 or profile link for the user I can go take a look! :)
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    This should not be posted in the guides section.
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Good catch. Moved.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Reports are made here - https://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.10/respond

Read first:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/submission-fundamentals.60254/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

The report is made and everything is given as for evidence you have UP FRONT - then we determine if its a scam or not.
    You don't make General forum threads asking that question - nobody here can answer that without every pc of evidence available again - up front when you make the report.
  7. Peoples Republic of China

Steam:
    i don't have the id64 rn, causI'm at school, but the profle name is ✪ NoHart Buy/Sell Keys & Skins
  8. Peoples Republic of China

Steam:
    I would report, but im not sure if it even is a scam attempt... Also I just want to know if the items are duped or scammed
  9. Peoples Republic of China

Steam:
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok again - this isn't a report section - you can submit a report with instructions I gave. You keep on adding information here but its not helping.
    If you are blocked at school then wait till later and do the report some where else.

We are not able to tell you about history of items here either...but telling you if anything is a scam means we must have all the data in front of us otherwise unless it stands out like a sore thumb we can't tell you either way. What you've given here in this thread proves nothing of any scam. You never added any context/chat or something to dictate what the user your asking about wanted either. So we will not be able to tell you anything with regards to that here.

So again again...please make a report if you have enough evidence per those links I gave you.