1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198034849198 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Viri, Sep 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viri

Viri New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:147062811
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198034849198

Victim profile: 76561198254391350

What happened? Description:
    The guy listed an item on DotagiftX. I saw a big trade history, large inventory, and lots of +rep comments and thought he was legit. I messaged him and we made a deal. I was buying a "Lineage of Stormlords" set for 10 dollars. We had to be friends on Steam for 30 days before he could send ("gift") me the item. I added him as a friend on the 10th of August. After about 28 days, on September 8, I messaged him saying I'd like to pay in advance to make sure that there aren't any problems with my bank and so I can get the item on time. I went through with it and paid him 10 dollars. When the day came, he didn't send the item, claiming he had a broken pc. He said he would send the item immediately after getting access of a working PC. He didn't message me for days. The funny thing is, if you add him as a friend and go into his dota 2 profile you'll see he had a game the very next day. But I said no biggie. I messaged him again in a couple of days. Here is where the problems began. He first told me he had sold the item to someone else "by mistake". I was obviously angry, so I wrote insults to him in a fit of rage. But then I calmed down and asked for my money back. He said "There is no money anymore". I said find the money and send it ASAP. He refused. He just told me I could choose from a very limited selection of other items based on how much I had paid before. I raged again, but couldn't get him to give my money back. He kept forcing me to buy the smaller sets or else I'd be left with nothing. I had no other choice but to accept them. I accepted 10 dollars worth of items.

I don't request a ban on this guy. I understand he technically didn't scam me. However I would like his reputation to go down visibly, so that he doesn't just get away with this. I know this sounds stupid, but what if you ordered cake for your birthday and waited a month, then the baker said "here's a loaf of bread and some butter". And when you asked for your money back, he said you can take the bread and butter or just stay with nothing. Not only did he waste 1 month of your life, he also made it so you have to wait another month to get a new cake and the money from that cake would come out of your pocket, cause now you don't have that 10 dollars anymore. I only have a bread and butter that I somehow now need to sell. Not only that, he kept looking for excuses like "you didn't hit me up" even though I hit him up 2 days before the actual transaction was supposed to happen. He was rude and didn't even apologize. This was unprofessional trading behavior. I want his reputation down.

Sadly, I don't have the chat history of us making the deal. He removed me from his friends and I wasn't able to read and screenshot the chat history from the start. This is all I got from Steam's "GetFriendMessageLog". I have the chat history from September 8 onwards, when I sent him the money.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      616.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      624.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      636.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      616.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.PNG
      5.PNG
      File size:
      614.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.PNG
      6.PNG
      File size:
      641.3 KB
      Views:
    • 7.PNG
      7.PNG
      File size:
      623.5 KB
      Views:
    • 8.PNG
      8.PNG
      File size:
      618.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.PNG
      9.PNG
      File size:
      639.2 KB
      Views:
    • 10.PNG
      10.PNG
      File size:
      623.6 KB
      Views:
    • 11.PNG
      11.PNG
      File size:
      615.9 KB
      Views:
    • 12.PNG
      12.PNG
      File size:
      641.3 KB
      Views:
    • 13.PNG
      13.PNG
      File size:
      629.1 KB
      Views:
    • 14.PNG
      14.PNG
      File size:
      631.7 KB
      Views:
    • 15.PNG
      15.PNG
      File size:
      607.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    First off we don't review anything thru get friend message logs instead of steam chat logs. This was all clearly noted to you prior to making the report which you must have over looked - don' t do so in the future.
    You also appeared to have known this and still made it anyway which is unacceptable.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    This user wasn't found guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.

Lastly - this report would be INVALID regardless since we don't review anything that isn't in english anyway which that too was noted to you in the link below you should have read before making the report. Declining report on the above first however.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.