1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198282875522 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Uncertainly Qualified, Jul 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncertainly Qualified

Uncertainly Qualified New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:436259779
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198282875522

Victim profile: 76561198832785286

What happened? Description:
    The player 'OG', Steam level 44, 5 years of service, from Guam friended me, with "yo!". He starts going on about hey are you up for trades, I see you have a butterfly knife Stained which I'm willing to overpay for. He offered me USD$850 which was too much, my knife currently costs AUD$660. When I was asking why he was interested in buying my knife, he reasoned telling me his Steam market was on a 2-month ban, and he was not willing to buy it from third-party websites such as (Cs.money) because he was not bothered. He either asked PayPal or steam, I said steam would be fine but he eventually led the conversation to a credit balance transfer. He told me to click on a photo he showed me of some parts of credit info. This, was a bit of some proof that he might actually do a good deal, however when he mentioned that he was reputable person because of all his +reps his account. I checked his reps out, so it was a bunch of +Rep reputable traders with similar dates on similar times for 7 pages straight, (Bit sus, 5 +Reps at 23rd of June @ 8:51 am). Later on he sent me a trade request for my knife, a 1:0 trade. Because he was willing to transfer that money after the trade. When I said it was a bit sketchy he started to ramble on that it's fine he's been trading for years and years, that he was willing to even go up to USD$1100. I told him that, due to being cautious of his behavior that someone outbid him for a glock fade. OG told me that he will outbid him, for a simple knife. This kept going for about 20 minutes, that he was in the right and I was in the wrong because I was judging him for being suspicious about the trade. I mean who wouldn't want to sell their item for 50% more profit than the original price but knowing that I had several scammers the following day such as ❤❤❤Joyce❤❤❤, lvl 20, 1 year, who was also trying to overbid and to lead me to a false site (CSGOFLOAT.DE.COM) which I verified with administrators on their side that it was a fake. On steam they we're both friends, so I'm guessing that one recommended the other since the other failed to make the trade. He replied with "Ok then why u asking xd, I got over 5k trades with people, this is not my first time." In the end, I couldn't trust him but sent him the trade, the fact that he sent me a fake credit card information after I showed him a pop up of me about to send to him which I had checked. Before I gave him my item, he unfriended me straight away and blocked me, after with 3 messages saying F*ck You, imagine being a d*psh*t. I mean, why, like why would you do that, I was literally about to send you the knife and you reveal to me ur information which led to be fake and curved the conversation at the end.

USD$950 VISA Payment For a USD$450 Knife.​

Provide Evidence:
    (https://gyazo.com/90188c070dd9e7a9aa3cfe07ca39c1a0)
    - His proof of showing me was going to pay me through Steam
    View attachment 787695
    View attachment 787694

The photo above is the only image I have of the conversation, after he unfriended me the chat function with him was unavailable, I have reported him and his friend via the Steam report function.

Attached Files:

S4V4G3 likes this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry but there is absolutely ZERO evidence of any scam here. The user saying over steam could mean steam gift card/codes for all we know.
    Please do not submit reports here without sure evidence and not just assumptions.
    The other thing about a fake site would make the report INVALID either way.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.
    S4V4G3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.