1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198375414509 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by oshawottXD, Apr 27, 2018.

1. oshawottXD

oshawottXD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53467379
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198375414509

Victim profile: 76561198067200487

What happened? Description:
    User posted a comment pretending to be a steam admin of some sorts and claiming my items were duped, with a phishing link provided​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello @oshawottXD ,

To proceed I need a screenshot of the comment from the Steam Client that is not cropped and not edited, it must be the full screen. I also need from a browser (such as Chrome), with your cursor hovering over the accused's avatar such that the URL of the user shows in the bottom left of the screen.

Thanks.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Due to changes in our investigative policy, we do not accept phishing/hijacking reports anymore. As such, I am archiving this report.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

Please keep in mind that users posting phishing links are often phished/hijacked themselves (if not a brand new throwaway account) and their account is being used to try and hijack even more accounts. For that reason, it's best to leave these cases to Valve/Steam as we do not have the resources to handle such cases. Additionally, the victim would have to appeal their tag once they regained access to their account.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**