1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561199226387438 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by CorruptionEX, Apr 15, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CorruptionEX

CorruptionEX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47062395
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199226387438

Victim profile: 76561198054390518

What happened? Description:
    We found each other on dotagiftx.com with a listing for one set in Dota 2.
    We agreed to trade TF2 keys for two sets after talking.
    We had to be friends on account for 30 days so that Dota would allow gifting of items.

After the 30 days, we met to trade today (April 15th). He requested a trade URL, from which his other account sent me an offer to accept the keys for nothing in return. It wasn't made clear that the items were on another account, but I don't know how large traders work, so I thought it was ok? The Dota items must be gifted in-game, so receiving nothing back in the steam trade offer was expected.

We made the trade, then he directed me to log into a 3rd party website with my steam account, which we did not agree on. I didn't want to sign up for another service or use another website, but I was willing to do it anyways, until I got antivirus warnings, and it made me skeptical. I asked if there was any other way of getting my items, and he told me to wait. Soon after, he blocked me (or deleted his steam profile?) and stopped communicating with me.

The account in this report is the account I gave my keys to ("mirna"). His original profile, the one I was talking to, is not accessible anymore? The steam URL was
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    and his steam username was "Cache seller (dotagiftx)"
    At the time of submitting this report, his alternate account, "mirna" is still available.
    I wish to report this account to warn others and hopefully prevent other scam attempts by this account.

I understand I made a stupid trade and trusted this person too much, but I have made trades in the past like this and they turned out fine. Back when you we're able to trade gifted steam games. I understood the risk, and that's why I recorded myself arranging the trade. I'd like to say I'm just trying to submit this report as accurately as I can, but the reality is that I may not have enough evidence for you to mark this account as a scammer. I feel bad about how I handled this trade, but I hope that I can feel a little bit of justice after submitting this report, and hope you can trust me enough. I am willing to follow up with anything else I can provide, but aside from the one other chat log I mentioned in my evidence description, I do not have anything else.​

Provide Evidence:
    I recorded a video of our chat and interaction the day of the trade.
    It is too big to upload here, there is a 3 MB limit, so I had to upload to my google drive account.

Here is the link to watch the video: (make sure to watch in 1080p to view text clearly)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    In the video you can see me:
    - confirm what we're trading
    - find the steam profile of his alternate account
    - trade him my end of the deal
    - attempt to use the 3rd party, and receive antivirus warnings
    - realize he unfriended me and stop communicating

I have a previous chat log in a .txt file, but I understand you don't accept that as evidence, so I did not include it. It was our second chat where he confirms I still want the items, and that we would pay with TF2 keys instead of paypal.​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2024
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you provided no acceptable evidence of any scam here, no chat/agreement noted thru steam chat screenshots as required.
    Not enough there to review - you reported the incorrect account - must have reported first account with proper evidence against that account to start the report.
    We do not review videos.
    You were noted the below link prior to clicking the submit a report button but must have over looked it - please do not do so in the future.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.

Declined.

Report would be INVALID regardless if the anti virus notations were for a bad link/hijacking/hacking etc used based on what you noted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.