1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SteamRep has a loophole ?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by NeverTrust, May 13, 2017.

1. NeverTrust

NeverTrust New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29218582
    I mean, what's up with this website accepting reports regarding Steam gifts / steam trades / paypal etc., but you don't accept ANY reports regarding Steam Wallet codes?? Yes it's hard to prove a scam involving wallet codes, but if you don't accept those reports, people are going to use methods involving wallet codes to make sure they don't get any negative rep on this "SteamRep" website..

I have 10 screenshots of proof, but you automatically make the report "invalid".

The idea of this "SteamRep" website is kinda useless, since the guy I tried to report has 0 bad rep according to your website. Hopefully you will accept the other report about the scammer from a different user, involving PayPal.

I don't want this guy to be able to scam any other people, but "SteamRep investigative policy" is making it difficult.
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  3. NeverTrust

NeverTrust New User

Steam:
    But I don't understand the difference if I could show the chat with a paypal scam?

He wanted me to go first, so if it was paypal, he would have logged off anyway - either way it would have resulted in a scam.

The policy doesn't make sense when my screenshots clearly proof he ripped me off? The automatically invalid report made me really annoyed, when no one even wants to take a look at the proof??

He's clearly scamming people with steam wallet codes because the admins here don't even read reports involving steam wallet codes..

You see the problem? I got more evidence, a guy on reddit posted he got scammed by the same guy, again, it happened in Rocket League, which SteamRep doesn't care about ?

He's probably reading this while rubbing his hands, knowing SR won't do anything about it.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Did you read what I put in the report?
    We don't accept Rocket league reports either.. that was 1 of 2 reasons for the invalidation of the report.
    RL doesn't have trade history so no matter what payment method was there we couldn't confirm the items did or didn't move.
    Blame Valve for that..till then that is policy - the link I gave you to read...I can't help it there is no loop hole.
  5. NeverTrust

NeverTrust New User

Steam:
    I know there's no trade history, but if you looked at all the screenshots I attached, you would see actual proof that he scammed me. That's my point.

It feels a bit like I'm talking to dirty cops that don't want to investigate a serious case, which is really sad.

This guy has an insanely "legitimate looking" steam profile, which means he can scam 100s of people. And yet, you refuse to give him any bad rep because he's using a method that you "can't" do anything about.
    He even brags about a "Clean SteamRep" on his Steam Profile.. jesus.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Without trade history we won't review it - says it clearly on that link I gave you.
    Here it is again
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    If we can't investigate the items movement then we won't review it... again blame Valve for that problem not us.

The other part is codes....we just don't investigate code reports.
    So with regards to all that - there are no loop holes its just what we do and don't accept reports on.
    Enstage and Emunator like this.