1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Announcement Update on LZ tags and Lethal Zone community

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Lava, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Due to an influx of people creating threads about this in General Discussion, we decided to explain what is going on with Lethal Zone tags.

The Lethal Zone community is shutting down, but their website remains active, with all the reports and appeals still accessible. Several approaches to handling their tags are being discussed internally, but each approach would involve a very different way of handling the appeal.

Update:

Fortress of Gamers, commonly known as FoG, has volunteered to inherit responsibility over all Lethal Zone (LZ-TRADE) tags. Over the next month or so, all LZ tags will be audited by FoG, and either dropped or converted to a FoG tag. After they finish at FoG, no LZ-TRADE tags will exist whatsoever.

Existing tags will be reviewed, and if not up to their evidence standards the tag will be removed. If FoG believes your case has enough evidence, you will be given either a BANNED BY FOG or FOG CAUTION tag depending on severity and individual circumstances. You will be allowed to appeal the decision here, through the normal partner community appeal procedure. If you have an LZ-TRADE tag of any kind, you are already in a queue for review by admins, so there is no point in appealing it.

Update 5 November 2017: All LZ CAUTION tags have been handled, and no profiles have this tag anymore.

Update 15 February 2018: Per a FoG admin's public reply, anyone can now appeal LZ-TRADE tags here, even if it's not yet converted to FoG: https://f-o-g.trade/appeals

For this reason, we ask that you wait until the best way forward is decided before submitting an appeal. We realize the nuisance of inability to appeal your tag is, but please understand this arrangement is only temporary, and you will have an opportunity to contest it. If you tried to appeal it now, it wouldn't get you a faster response, but your plea might get lost in the chaos.

If the community who tagged me is retired, why can't SteamRep itself just handle it?
    With our limited appeals admins, we're barely able to keep up with our own appeals. One or more partner communities have offered to take responsibility for Lethal Zone's tags, inheriting all their appeals and archiving the evidence for us. For now, we're deciding where your appeal will go, and if you appeal to the wrong place your plea might get lost in the chaos.

Why can't I just submit a Legacy Ban appeal if the community is dead?

Generally, in cases where the evidence is still intact, and solid enough to hold up if it were a SteamRep tag, legacy appeals are rejected outright. Since everything at Lethal Zone is still available for review, any "legacy" appeals submitted would be rejected by policy, so opening those up would be pretty pointless.

Until further notice, please do not submit appeals for this to SteamRep and do not create threads in the General Discussion asking where/when to appeal LZ tags.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. Twineee

Twineee Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:91227494
    Damn... What a Joke from Lethal Trade Zone

They honestly had like 10 appeals a month and couldn't hold up

I appealed back in November just to find out that my appeal meant nothing.

Also what you are saying that for the last 5 months my appeal has legit just been sitting there doing nothing at all not meaning anything or nothing?

Its almost like I couldn't appeal for over half a year xD
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  3. Tricky 2

Tricky 2 Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49191138
    What a shame I wont be able to get this tag sorted for awhile.
  4. MAZED

MAZED New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49560726
    So this means that i will be left with a caution tag, for a REALLY long time. Even though i submitted, several months ago!?
  5. Twineee

Steam:
    I and others are still wondering about this. For example; I committed the offensive that I got banned on 11 months ago and are very anxious to get un-banned not being able to appeal for the last 8 months basically.

I know you guys said not to ask but Its been a while and would like other people as I to be updated.

Thank you so much

~Twine~
    Roudydogg1 and Enstage like this.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    I respectfully agree with you. It has been a number of months already, with the update thread being over a month old.
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    a Gentleman and Roudydogg1 like this.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Threads merged to prevent issues of trying to find information regarding this.
  9. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Respectfully agree as well. Enstage and I were trade admins/mods over at Lethal Zone. I used to handle reports and appeals but stopped nearly a year ago. Unfortunately you will have to wait until SR identifies the best way to look at appeals from LZ.
    Edward. likes this.
  10. Twineee

Steam:
    Thank you guys once again for the quick response. I appreciate how respectful you guys are about this.... Thanks for answering my questions over the last couple of months especially you Enstage you have been a HUGE help.

And I hope this gets sorted out asap.

Thx again :))
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. MAZED

MAZED New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49560726
    Yeah guys, thanks for the answer.
    I also hope this is getting sorted out. :)

-MAZED
  12. M!hnea

M!hnea Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:153554363
    On this site says i am banned by a guy named LZ-TRADE but i try search for him and i dont find him can u help me find the guy witch banned me and try to speak with him and ask why and help me make a new reputation? iwas young and i didnt know what was good to do.
  13. a Gentleman

Steam:
  14. M!hnea

M!hnea Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:153554363
    thx
    so if i go to the site i can still solve my problem? or can u help me a bit? i am new
  15. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Apologies for the terse reply. We will be merging this thread with the Lethal Zone Appeals pinned post in the General Discussion section. In the future, please ask questions about your LZ Ban there.

Update: Thread Merged
  16. Twineee

Steam:
    I am coming up on almost 1 year of not being able to appeal so I was wondering if we can get a update please.

Thank you in advance! :)
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Things are in progress - at this time as in moving along vs being discussed.
    That is all the update I can give at this time.
  18. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Don't worry, can confirm things are moving forward quite fast now.
  19. Twineee

Steam:
    Alright thank you!
  20. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Just an update for all of you waiting:
    • Fortress of Gamers (commonly known as FoG) has volunteered to inherit all of the Lethal Zone (LZ-TRADE) tags along with their documentation.
    • Over the next month or so, all LZ tags will be audited by FoG, and either dropped or converted to a FoG tag. After they finish at FoG, no LZ-TRADE tags will exist whatsoever.
    • If FoG believes your case has enough evidence, you will be given either a BANNED BY FOG or FOG CAUTION tag. If that happens, you will be allowed to appeal the decision with Fortress of Gamers here.
    • If you have an LZ tag of any kind, no further action is required at this time. You are already in a queue for review by admins, so there is no point in appealing until/unless you receive a FoG tag.
    • This announcement takes effect immediately, a sizable handful of LZ-TRADE tags have already been reviewed.
    To everyone in this thread, I'm sorry for the long wait. In addition to staff consensus on the plan, we needed to sort out logistics, make sure that FoG was ready for the added workload, and make sure all of the evidence and documentation was accounted for.