1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What can I do after I was got phished?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by PrettyNoob, Apr 1, 2016.

1. PrettyNoob

PrettyNoob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83632471
    Today is the worst day I've ever had. This guy(http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198226388932) added me as a friend then want make a trade with my Sapphire M9. But he want to "verify" my item isn't some kind of "buggy" ones. So he came up with a plan -- let one of my real life friend to hold the skin, then give it back then make a deal.

But I was too careless and greedy to realize that the trader who would holding my skins for a while was not my real friend but was his another account(http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198115428030) who using the same avatar & nickname like my friend's. So that's it, he took the skins and deleted me.

Already tried open a ticket with a proof and screenshots attached viahttps://support.steampowered.com but no luck, they said "Steam Support does not restore items for any reason. It is your responsibility to secure your Steam account. We have provided all the available information and will be unable to assist you further with this issue. If you have an unrelated problem, we will be happy to assist you."

I almost desperate right now, but any help would been highly appreciate.

Thank you.
  2. PrettyNoob

PrettyNoob New User

Steam:
    I want to make a report at SR but the system noticed "Do not submit Phishing or CD-Key scam reports", but I've already do the steam reportation the scammer's account is still non trade banned.
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    That isn't phishing-- phishing is when someone sends you a link containing malware to hack your account and take control of your account. In your case, you were scammed by a fake middleman scam, which you can report here with the proper evidence (chat screenshots, inventory history screenshots, impersonator's profile screenshot).
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    First off, what you described is not phishing. It's a typical impersonation scam.

You can report the profile, but Valve will not return your items. You can also report him in our forums here, if you have proper evidence.
  5. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Another thing to do is to report the person to all major trading sites, so we can ban them already while SteamRep processes the tag.
  6. PrettyNoob

PrettyNoob New User

Steam:
    Thanks so much for the guide and help, SR report has been made, so next thing is go to major trading sites to report him? Could somebody give me several links(I only know opskins)?
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Technically you should only report to 1 site, so the accused isn't forced to defend their reputation for the same thing multiple times.
    schmed likes this.
  8. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Did you read any of the posts above you? Good on you for trying to help, but it's already been established that this is not a phishing attempt.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.