1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

What to do if keylogged

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by TheGreenSpy, Oct 22, 2017.

1. TheGreenSpy

TheGreenSpy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:95247762
    So I got keylogged recently, found out very soon since some random guy added me. He then wanted to buy my inventory for 300 dollars, then when I said no he then went on a rampage of sending the same link that infected me, to others. I managed to remove him by deauthorizing all accounts and changing my password but I am still scared. I restarted my computer scanned for viruses and malware and there was nothing, I think it was temporary. How do I tell everyone that I got keylogged. I also can't report the hacker because he unfriended me and I restarted my pc.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. the gatsby

the gatsby New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:8594304
    I have had this happen to me before. The best I can give you is go into your 'Programs and Features' and check your recently installed devices. If something looks fishy or suspicious, I recommend you uninstalling it.
  4. Hypeness

Hypeness New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:76126379
    If it's a malware, simply install an antivirus or re-install Windows.
    While I know this can be frustrating to do, whenever I get infected by malware, I instantly flash and install new Windows.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You need to stop visiting risky sites, downloading/opening unsafe files.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.