1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  2. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:227842088
    Which group should I appeal for PhoniexGaming (PG) bans?
    I was sent here from their discord, and I can't find myself on the appeals forum while searching for the correct appeal type for the application.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You are not tagged here thru the SR database by US or any partner. That name is not a partner to us so if you are banned thru their resources you need to address it there. Someone told you wrong on that discord.
  4. Invader Zim

Invader Zim Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33516637
    For the Legacy Ban tags for defunct communities, is there a usual timeline on how long the process takes? I thought I sent in an appeal over 3 months ago, and I'm pretty sure my tag was added over two years ago, but I'm still sitting on pending. Maybe my timelines are wrong, thanks.
    '
  5. toromi

toromi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67529637
    I have a question about historical profile data. What decides when the data is collected at a certain time? Is it based off when something is changed about the profile? For example setting their profile privacy from public to private? Or is it collected at random intervals? I'm looking at an account that seems identical from one historical saved data point to the next. Thanks in advance.
  6. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    The system saves a snapshot each time the profile is loaded on SteamRep. If there are profile changes in between loads they won't (and can't) be saved.
  7. Invader Zim

Invader Zim Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33516637
    Expanding on this, this was supposed to be dealt with back in 2014 and it never was...theres an imgur in there that someone from TF2OP said I was "unfairly" banned and lifted my ban, and the person who answered my thread said that they (TF2OP) would either remove it themselves or contact SR, and I guess neither happened. So..
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Appeals take time, there is no set timeline for defunct comm appeals. Careful not to exceed that line on discussing your own tag here as that would go against general forum FAQ.
    If there are things that need to be done by outside users to us then that is something you need to address. My DM's are always open as are many other staff that need to be informed of something from past partners along with other channels to use that they know.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
  9. egemchehio

egemchehio New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:785256611
    when i'm trying to opt for historical snapshots i am getting and error ( go back and refresh page) but nothing happens after i refresh
  10. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    If you are logged into SteamRep via Steam and still experiencing this error, try clearing the cache/cookies associated with steamrep.com.
  11. Criticar

Criticar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3045046
    any updates on the steamrep donation center. Issue was first announced back in 2021, with latest update being 2022. I and I'm sure a lot of people have been patiently waiting for it to be fixed.

Just curious thanks!
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Likely won't be added back anytime soon if at all at this time.
    Thanks for your interest though.
  13. Criticar

Criticar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3045046
    hoping for the best, good luck and keep up the good work
  14. lunarfusion

lunarfusion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:85263600
    I think my scam report was declined due to a misunderstanding. The admin declined it due to the user never having the nickname shown in the screenshots but it was a client set nickname. I used the nickname feature in the Steam friends list to remind me to trade with the guy on the right day. Is this worth submitting an appeal over? I don't want anyone else to get screwed over for this guy but I don't wanna make more work for the admins either...
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Keep in mind this policy here

We can not control how you name users - if you used a nickname applied there is no way to know who you were talking to and matching up to verify identity.
    There is nothing we can do in that situation - if you did that or not. There is no resubmit of a report for it unless you were able to retain the chat logs and show the original name of the user in question then verify identity properly. Sorry but if you did or didn't we don't know so the report was Declined for lack of evidence.
    Won't discuss the report beyond that - you are welcome to report them to Valve instead using the in profile reporting feature.
  16. lunarfusion

lunarfusion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:85263600
    Oh sorry! I'm new here and to forums in general so I didn't think to check for rules for this type of chat. Thank you for the clarification.
    I do have one other question and I've checked all the places I could think would answer it before asking this time (though it's very possible I just didn't find it). I just found out you can use steams website to look up your recent message log and it includes messages sent to and from users you are no longer friends with. I know the scam report rules were very clear that you need to only include chat log screenshots from the steam chat window but could a screenshot of the message log website be used to help corroborate the steam chat window evidence? Like for example in the instance of a client side nickname, as the nicknames are not displayed on the website but the content and date/time match up.
    I'm less invested in my particular report and just curious at this point. Thanks for all y'all's hard work!
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We do not review get friend message logs the way you are looking - that was noted on links provided prior to submitting the report.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    Sorry but I'm afraid you will have to stick to reporting to steam vs here.
  18. Dr.Doctor

Dr.Doctor Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72509455
    hi, im posting here to see if i can get some advice, a few years back my account got hijacked due to my own stupid mistake but it got me banned, i had someone help me make an appeal then but due to mistakes i was never updated on the ongoings and now a few years later i wanted to look after it myself but found that it was sadly rejected.

im trying to see if there is still a way for me to rectify this problem eventhough its been this long, and if anyone can help me.

i mainly want to fix this due to it having caused not jus me but my brother who was unfortunatly attached to my account to also get banned and i hate that he had to suffer due to my mistake
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2023
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You are not permitted to question the outcome of your appeal here in this section - if you wish to discuss policy that is fine.
    You need to read the appeals tips completely which would answer your question.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/
    Pay close attention to #11

As for again posting about your issue here - that violates General Forum FAQ #3
    Only warning at this time
  20. Dr.Doctor

Dr.Doctor Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72509455
    thanks for the info, and ill look further into it