1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You are only allowed one appeal - it was Rejected for the reason given. Sorry but that is policy which is also again noted here.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/

Also asking about your appeal or previous appeal attempts is against General Forum FAQ.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

You are welcome to question policy but not previous appeal attempts.
  2. aimless

aimless Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74399698
    Thanks for the response. But, it doesn't strike anyone as unfair and illogical that me being unable to play on community servers as well as use services such as scrap.tf (which is irrelevant because I'm not a trader, but still) is the result of an incident that happened 8 YEARS AGO in which I changed my name to "dk | aegis" during a scrim for 15 minutes, got automatically flagged for "impersonation," even though the person I "impersonated" explicitly said there was no attempted fraud or scamming? I understand what the policy is but it seems that exceptions should be able to be made in cases such as this one where the person very clearly isn't anything remotely close to a scammer.

I just want to play MGE mod and bot free servers :( please
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One Appeals SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You quoted our rules about what can and cannot be discussed in general discussion by the admin, specifically about reports and appeals, and post about it anyways, this is your last warning not to.
  4. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42192766
  5. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 Moderator; Neonheights Co-Owner SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hangin' in there thanks papi
    But I think I'm obsessed with watching the Olympics plox halp ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  6. CoMmEnD mE 2

CoMmEnD mE 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53170663
    Hi, I recently submitted a report however was not able to follow up. https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198078728338-dota2-dota2-items.197157/#post-537015

I got declined "Sorry your evidence is unacceptable and lacking being full screenshot, we do not review get friend message logs - it clearly states that on the link below you were already given. "

I was going to ask before posting another report is that I have FULL SCREENSHOTS in my mobile, does that account to sufficient evidence?

Before submitting a report you guys state that :
    Please do not submit the report unless you have proper evidence such as screenshots of the STEAM chat logs - without it the report will not get reviewed! See the submission guide below before you click submit! Submitting a report anyway and ignoring these notices may result in you no longer being able to submit reports here.

However, from the above response you guys say that you do not get to review message logs??

SO if I submit FULL SCREENSHOTS messages in my steam mobile chat would you take that as evidence?
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Keep in mind that discussions about reports you did not have accepted are not allowed in the general forum per FAQ
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

This includes making a question here about it- you can however inquire about policies and requirements such as the screenshot guide/requirements.

We sometimes can review mobile but its not always acceptable as there are not dates/time stamps usually on them so we can't accept them.
    Apparently you sent me a PM inquiring of this so I will address this more there.