1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Horse is declining valid reports....again

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Naleksuh, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:162125880
    The Reddit scam is a very well-known one and investigating the given sub shows clear deception including using the same tricks scammers use.

I find it extremely amusing that reports that easily could have been faked with inspect element are accepted and a scammer tag is placed but valid reports which can actually be verified are declined. It's like Horse is trying to ban everyone but scammers.

I've been on this site for 4 years, and have seen Horse do nothing but cause problems and leave Lava to be the only sane one. This system is not only punishing innocent users but doing nothing to stop scammers. It's time for her to step down.
    Classi5ed and Pain Killer like this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Reports are Declined/Invalid/Archived and so on for valid reasons and always noted for those reasons.
    I'm not debating your issues with regards to certain ones as that isn't your place however you are welcome to discuss policy just not directed at any certain report.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

Here is our policies for anyone wishing to brush up.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Horse is one of our best reports administrators, just an FYI. I've never seen Horse "punish" an innocent user, our database is not meant to "punush" anyone, and I've never seen HIM "ban everyone but scammers", that's absurd. Our reports are publicly available and anyone in their right mind can look and see thats not, nor has it ever been, what is happening.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  4. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New User

Steam:
    Thank you Pain Killer for liking my post. I don't know when that occured as I am relatively inactive here.

Roudydogg1, regardless of whether the database is "meant to" punish people, that's still what it does, and the benefit of the reports being publicly available is how I can see that Horse approves easily fakable ones while declining provably real ones
  5. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New User

Steam:
    Oh also Horse blatantly broke the no changing your name rule... she used to be WA | Horse but isn't anymore.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So since you bumped this nonsense thread I suppose it's only a matter of time before you start complaining about those pesky fake steam admins again?
    I already responded to this once and that response still holds true several months later.

As for my name change the symbol used was causing users issues here tagging me and when I dissolved the community I ran there was no longer a need for it and it solved the tagging of my name issue with users here.

What is next on your complaint list?
  7. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New User

Steam:
    I did not "bump" it, I received a notification that someone liked my post and I thanked them for it. Why did that person like it months later? That person was the one who bumped it.

I have not mentioned the phrase "steam admin" since 2019, four years ago. Hell, my writing style is completely different than from then. Certainly if you don't like that I post on a thread 6 months old, why bring up an issue from 4 *years* ago? Though even in that post, Horse says misleading info and required Lava to translate to English. My "complaint list" is a very short one, though all of the things on it (mishandling of bans, posting misleading information about admins, and abusing the name feature) all seem to be caused by you. Why do you even recognize me and my 38 posts from 4 years ago? Just for whistleblowing?
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No others...got it thanks!
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Hello,

Horses name change was a one off to remove a dead communities tag (WA) it followed internal guidelines for this process and was properly documented to the head admins of the site at the time, mind you this was four years ago (July of 19). If you feel other issues should be addressed, be constructive with it or reach out to the head of reports with your concerns (Clive) Please note, constructive criticism is allowed, flaming/shitposting is not. Formal warning to ALL in this thread.

Regards.
    Clive likes this.
  10. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    For what it's worth I also had a tag of a dead community that was causing issues removed from my name many years before I was staff here or any partner/friend community -- so it's not like Horse's one being changed was any sort of special treatment.
  11. BULLY 2

BULLY 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:168699857
    I just arrived here but I can confidently say that whoever Horse is should not have any stake in this site,

Horse if you're reading this I'd like to know that your laziness is essentially losing people, this report comprehensive report: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.200644/

You somehow view this as insufficient evidence of a scammer, how????? This person was legitimately reported to the site that you run (where you verify if people are scammers) somehow by not doing your sole job you are inadvertently having more people being scammed.

This person just scammed me, and was reported to this site with comprehensive proof, having checked his steamrep before trading and only after doing a deeper dive to find out this scammer has already been reported.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    this person is a scammer, destroy their rep, do your job
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2024
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Lets break this down shall we.
    This report was missing a FORMAL AGREEMENT - the user was given 4days to provide and then declined. The user was asked to provide that and were clearly online after the first response.

If you do not have the proper evidence we can not review therefore the report gets Declined. The formal agreement requirements are listed on the report submission link that any user is supposed to read prior to submitting the report. If you are asked to provide more and you clearly come online thus we know the report was looked at after a staff response that is flat out ignoring us and again not providing what was asked. The report gets Declined per policy exactly as noted.

I'm removing that users ID that you claim was a scammer because this is not the place to accuse others of. You are also not permitted to argue the outcome of cases per General Forum FAQ
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

If you have the proper evidence as required you can submit a report on your own using the reporting feature but be sure to read our requirements prior to doing so.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

As for this - even if the user was TAGGED here they would still be able to trade with you - we can't stop that from happening. This site is for educational purposes and gives you something to research which you did after the fact - I or nobody here can control this outcome if you did not find it before dealing with someone. You accuse someone of doing something but without proper evidence that is all it is - an accusation (Comprehensive proof as you put it was not conclusive therefore the OP/reporter was asked for more and failed to respond/ignored to respond or didn't have what was asked). The report was here, you could have read it and made your own determination at that point just as you are now accusing them of scamming and staff here or me in general of not doing anything more when again policy dictates what is and isn't required to complete a report and issue a tag. --- which again even if tagged the user is still free to trade with whomever they wish unless Valve takes action so you are welcome to report them to Valve instead if you like.

There is nothing else that I will comment on with regards to that report you linked - it was declined clearly on policy and lack of follow up when request was made.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2024