1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. WinnerOJD

WinnerOJD Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:150971835
    If I was banned for something I didn't do and my appeal was denied, what would be the next step to take?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. WinnerOJD

WinnerOJD Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:150971835
    I'm not sure I understand, the first appeal I made wasn't even read properly. I appealed because I had no connections with the account I was accused of being an "Alt" of, and it was made invalid because apparently I need to appeal from THE ACCOUNT WAS ACCUSED OF BEING. Can you please tell me how I'm supposed to do that when I don't own the account?
  4. Kraken™

Kraken™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:536036059
    Hi a report against me is showing as Declined. This report had inconclusive evidence. Why does a declined report stay visible? this affects peoples trades, community respect and more.
    Please respond.
    Thanks
  5. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 Moderator; Neonheights Co-Owner SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    By policy, we don't delete scam reports (or replies in said reports), at all. Even if they're rejected. A few exceptions to this are made for spam, malware links, duplicate posts, personal info or "doxing", harassment, and flaming/spamming replies in reports, which you can address by reporting the post.

Once a scam report has been submitted, it cannot be taken down by any means. Scam reports, even if rejected, are not deleted. This is partly for transparency reasons, and partly for it to remain public record permanently, for archival and accountability purposes. Again they're basically public records, which the community has a right to view when making an informed decision about whether or not to trade with people (even if the reports were rejected).
  6. CEOofSarge

CEOofSarge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104725190
    Is there a way to see if I’ve been reported?
  7. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    @CEOofSarge You can view all pending and accepted reports made against you by visiting your own SteamRep profile, here. To visit this page in the future, you can navigate to steamrep.com and paste your Steam ID64 into the search bar. If you are interested in seeing if there are any archived or rejected reports made against you in the past, you can visit SteamRep Forums (here) and paste your ID64 into the search bar at the top right of the forum website.
  8. CEOofSarge

CEOofSarge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104725190